After waiting decades to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, will the members of Journey find themselves going their “Separate Ways”…because of President Donald Trump?
RELATED: Is Donald Trump breaking up Journey?
Co-founder and guitarist Neal Schon took to Twitter to express his dismay at an unofficial visit by three band members to the White House, after a long-standing agreement to keep politics and religion separate from the group. He also hinted that there might be plans for those members to tour without him.
“Who’s Crying Now?” Journey fans are!
But while they’re trying to “Don’t Stop Believin,’” here are seven other bands we’d rather call it quits first.
RELATED: POST COVERAGE OF PRESIDENT TRUMP
1) Limp Bizkit: “Nookie” was obnoxious when they were young. And now, it’s like “Dad…dad…stop singing that dirty song and sign my permission slip for the class trip.”
2) The Bubble Guppies: Sure, they’re annoyingly perky fictional mermaid children on a Nickelodeon cartoon. But they break into song with no warning, and every song sounds like “Sugar, Sugar.” We already have “Sugar Sugar.” I’ve convinced my kid the show was cancelled.
3) Insane Clown Posse: I’m almost afraid to write this because I don’t want any of their crazy fans, the Juggalos, after me. But…it’s time. Don’t hurt me, Juggalos.
4) Any group masquerading as a classic Motown or doo-wop groupbut with no original members and a bunch of 30-somethings whose parents weren’t even born when the songs they’re singing were released. Boo on those guys.
5) KISS: Yeah, yeah, they’re legends and the pyro is cool. But they’re super-cranky now – Gene Simmons’ screed about why hip-hop artists shouldn’t be in the Rock Hall sounds just like your grandpa if your grandpa wore fright makeup and platform boots. And Paul Stanley says all the members are “replaceable” anyway, so maybe it’s time?
6) Foreigner: I like Foreigner and I don’t say this lightly. But they’re down to just one original member, Mick Jones, and the last time I saw them even he wasn’t there, so it was like a really good tribute band who had the blessing of the original. Or maybe stay together and call yourselves something else when Mick’s not there?
7) Chris Brown: Sure, he’s not a group. But he’s a convicted batterer and all-around hooligan who recently angered Rihanna fans by posting a creepy comment on a racy photo she posted of herself on her Instagram. Remember, she’s the one he was arrested for battering. I don’t care how well he sings. It’s time to go away.